Search This Blog

Thursday, August 29, 2013

Rating System Change

 Rating System Change
 
 
 
 
 
I have struggled for some time now on how to rate the films I review. I chose to use the 4-star system that many major film critics use, but I feel there is some confusion on how those ratings are interpreted by my audience. For example, I've always intended for any good film to receive a rating of no less than three stars, but when you do the math, three out of four stars is 75% which in school would equal a C or C+, and that's not very good. So, from here on out I have decided to give the films I review a letter grade rating.
 
Film Critic Richard Roeper uses the letter grade system, and I believe it makes it easier for audiences to see what is amazing, great, good, fair, mediocre, poor, and horrible. I will also try and take the time to update all my previous reviews to reflect this new system. I hope this will help my readers to know how I truly felt about the films I review. Needless to say, any film that receives a "B" grade or better will be considered as a recommendation.  

No comments:

Post a Comment