Search This Blog

Thursday, February 7, 2013

My Film Review Rating System

There are many ways to rate a film these days. Many of the top critics use a four star system. There are those, however, that use five stars, letter grades, or "Two Thumbs Up" like Roger Ebert. For my film reviews I will be using the four star system. The breakdown is as follows:

**** - A perfect or near perfect film. Must see!
***1/2 - Minor problems, but overall a terrific film.
*** - A solid good film, but falling a little short of top notch.
**1/2 - A passable film. Has it's shining moments, but doesn't leave you in awe.
** - Some good things, but more bad.
*1/2 - Bad. May have one or two good things. Forgettable.
* - Awful. Maybe worth a redbox rental, but that's about it.
1/2 - Let's be honest, a film this bad may as well be zero stars.
0 - Don't waste your time. Stay away!

I love movies. I can appreciate the more artistic films, but also know how to turn off my brain for some occasional mindless entertainment. I feel I can be more relatable that way as a movie critic. Of course, anyone is welcome to disagree with my views and opinions, because after all film critiques are really nothing more than opinions. All I ask is that everyone be respectful of me and others in the comment sections. Any disrespectful comments will be deleted.

No comments:

Post a Comment