Search This Blog

Saturday, February 23, 2013

My Oscar Predictions - All 24 Categories!


 
My Oscar Predictions
for
The 85th Academy Awards
 
 
 
Another year of movies has come and gone. Tomorrow The Oscars will determine the best of the best in film. There are really only two clarifications I need to make before I make my predictions. 1) With these first categories dealing with Documentaries, Short Films, and Foreign Films, I am just guessing randomly. I have about zero knowledge of these categories, but it's still fun to try and guess the winner. I will start my picks with the boring categories and end with the bigger ones. 2) My picks for the bigger categories are those I believe the Academy will pick. My picks are not meant to reflect whom I would prefer to win, though there are sure to be some instances where my preferences will coincide with the actual winners. So, with that out of the way let's get started!
 
 
BEST SHORT FILM (LIVE ACTION)
 
Winner: Curfew
 
 
BEST SHORT FILM (ANIMATED)
 
Winner: Fresh Guacamole
 
 
BEST FOREIGN FILM

Winner: Amour


BEST DOCUMENTARY (SHORT)

Winner: Redemption


BEST DOCUMENTARY

Winner: The Invisible War


BEST PRODUCTION DESIGN

Winner: Les Miserables


BEST MAKEUP & HAIRSTYLING

Winner: Les Miserables
 
 

BEST VISUAL EFFECTS

Winner: Life of Pi


BEST SOUND MIXING

Winner: Les Miserables


BEST SOUND EDITING

Winner: Zero Dark Thirty


BEST CINEMATOGRAPHY

Winner: Skyfall


BEST FILM EDITING

Winner: Argo


BEST ORIGINAL SCORE

Winner: Lincoln


BEST ORIGINAL SONG

Winner: "Skyfall" from Skyfall


BEST COSTUME DESIGN

Winner: Les Miserables


BEST ADAPTED SCREENPLAY

Winner: Silver Linings Playbook


BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY

Winner: Django Unchained


BEST ANIMATED FEATURE FILM

Winner: Wreck-It Ralph


BEST SUPPORTING ACTRESS

Winner: Anne Hathaway, Les Miserables


BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR

Winner: Robert De Niro, Silver Linings Playbook


BEST ACTRESS

Winner: Jennifer Lawrence, Silver Linings Playbook


BEST ACTOR

Winner: Daniel Day-Lewis, Lincoln


BEST DIRECTOR

Winner: Steven Spielberg, Lincoln


BEST PICTURE

Winner: Argo

No comments:

Post a Comment